Our client is hiring a Sr Assoc, Operations to drive the core operations of the firm day-to-day, working closely with senior management and broader firm leadership to continue to scale their business. This role will ensure that the core operation remains a competitive advantage as they scale their business, expand internationally, and launch new product lines and business units.
This unique position is ideal for an entrepreneurial, financially-minded operator individual who is interested in gaining business-building experience within a high-growth environment, and who is genuinely interested in the business of venture capital and asset management.
What You’ll Do
- Working closely with senior management, own the day-to-day operations of a fast-growing, innovative, and complex asset management business
- Scope, design, implement, and manage systems and processes to refine and optimize key components of the operations team
- Create detailed operating and project plans to track firm progress towards strategic goals, reporting on key operating metrics and managing timelines to ensure successful outcomes
- Act as a key point of coordination across the various pieces of the platform, ensuring that the firm’s multiple business units are in sync
- Leverage modern technology tools to optimize for efficiency, ease of collaboration, and data capture firmwide
- Oversee external vendors, including IT and professional services providers
- Author strategic operating documents to define new business initiatives, as well as “playbooks” that capture key learnings from completed projects
- Contribute to the firmwide strategic planning and OKR process
- Execute ad hoc special project, including temporarily incubating new functional areas within operations
What They Are Looking For
● 4-6 years of total relevant work experience, ideally having completed an analyst program in investment banking or consulting, with additional experience in an operationally-intensive role in financial services, a high-growth company, or within an venture capital or private equity firm
● Previous experience overseeing operational and business initiatives within a fast-growing, complex organization, ideally within a highly-regulated industry
● Process-orientation, with a proven track record of creating scalable systems to improve operational efficiency combined with comfort designing “MVP” solutions and iterating on them over time
● Unimpeachable analytical toolkit, with the ability to both think creatively and to use data to draw strategic “big picture” conclusion
● Comfort overseeing and managing budgets, ideally with exposure to overall P&L management and oversight
● Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse set of constituents
● A strong preference to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with an ability to adjust to new firm goals and capture new business opportunities.
● Knowledge of and genuine interest in the business of venture capital and asset management, with a passion for finding simple solutions to complex business problems
● Unique background, point of view, and set of experiences outside of your professional life — we want to build a team with a diverse culture comprised of people from different walks of life
● Bias towards action, with a proven ability to manage multiple workstreams in a deadline-driven environment
● Proven track record of excellent achievement, both academically and professionally