Our client provides comprehensive, global advisory, and capital-raising services to select private fund sponsors. Their clients include general partners pursuing a wide spectrum of alternative investment strategies and asset classes, including buyout, growth equity, private credit, infrastructure, energy and power, and real assets. The firm advises and executes all aspects of the fundraising process, including competitive positioning and market assessment, preparation of marketing materials, investor introductions, and capital closings.
Position Title: Associate
Location: San Francisco
Qualifications & Experience:
- Private markets fundraising experience in a sales / capital raising role preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational capabilities
- Strong quantitative skills
- Mastery of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation and must be able to work independently, across a variety of responsibilities, and at a fast pace
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Junior Salesperson: Assist in managing LP relationships and executing fundraises across our platform, which currently comprises traditional private equity, credit, and infrastructure funds
- Goal is for this professional to immediately begin taking ownership of institutional accounts in the western region, starting with an appropriately sized book relevant to the candidate’s experience
- Support Senior distribution professionals in the Western region with ad hoc LP requests and coverage
- Frequent interaction with Limited Partners (“LPs”) including:
- LP Market Mapping and initial outreach to prospective LPs
- Regular participation in the organization of fund roadshows, including attending LP / GP meetings
- Assist with organizing LP client events in the US, including cocktail hours, dinners, events, etc.