Our client, a growing growth capital firm, is looking to hire a vice president for their investment team. The VP will be responsible for supporting the investment team on both quantitative and qualitative evaluation of Growth-stage opportunities, both new and ongoing. The VP will perform financial analysis and modeling, and interpret company and financial data to help the investment team make decisions. In addition, the Vice President will assist with company and market research, preparation of investment memos and other written materials, due diligence, and other tasks that arise in the course of business. Lastly, the expectation is that the VP is comfortable sourcing new investment opportunities and managing the entire lifecycle of an investment, from diligence to term sheet issue to eventual exit.
● Analyze financial and company data, and communicate the insights to the investment team
● Perform company and market research
● Source new investment opportunities in key areas of focus for the Growth fund
● Prepare written materials, including investment memoranda and portfolio reporting
● Coordinate team to facilitate strategic portfolio-level value-add, and such as hiring, KPI management, corporate strategy, customer acquisition, and introductions, etc.
● Develop robust ecosystem of peer VCs, CEOs, board candidates, bankers/M&A advisors, etc.
● 6-8 years of venture capital, growth equity, or private equity experience
● Bachelor’s Degree with outstanding academic achievement
● Experience spearheading and managing investments in high growth internet-enabled companies
● Deep level of understanding of consumer internet business models and growth expectations
● Expert-level Excel skills
● Superior work ethic, communication skills, and attention to detail